- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika (ideally smoked)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into 1cm cubes (ish!)
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Mix together the cumin, paprika, chilli, salt, garlic, olive oil and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Add the cubes of sweet potato and stir to coat thoroughly. (Or use your hands!)
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a large non-stick baking tray, ensuring the cubes are well spread out (use 2 baking sheets if necessary) and in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
It’s crucial to ensure the sweet potato cubes are spread out well over the baking sheet – if they are touching each other too much or piled on top of each other they will steam rather than roast…which won’t be half so nice!
I have found that if you use a good non stick baking sheet, the cubes don’t need turning throughout their cooking time, but if you are at all worried do give them a check after 10 minutes and turn them if you think necessary.