- 6 scallions
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 Hass avocado—peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Four 1-inch-thick slices of rustic bread
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces burrata, cut into bite-size pieces
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt and torn basil, for garnish
How to Make It
Light a grill. Grill the scallions over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, 3 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let cool, then cut into 1-inch lengths. Leave the grill on.
In a medium bowl, mix the scallions with the strawberries, avocado, lemon juice and crushed red pepper. Season with kosher salt and black pepper and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush the bread with olive oil and grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and rub with the garlic clove. Top with the burrata and the strawberry salad. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Garnish with flaky sea salt and torn basil; serve.
Recipe Cred: Food and Wine