- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 4 large ears fresh sweet corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 3 cups)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Ground black pepper
1.In a large pot combine 3 cups water and the quinoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 12 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Uncover and cook 3 to 5 minutes more, or until quinoa is nearly dry, stirring frequently. Spread quinoa on a large parchment-covered baking sheet to cool completely.
2.In a very large bowl, stir together the cooled quinoa, corn, beans, cilantro, green onions, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Make Ahead Tip
- The salad can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe Cred: Parents Magazine