- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup high-quality maple syrup
- 3 cups quinoa flakes
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups roughly chopped raw walnuts
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped dried figs
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pitted prunes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together the olive oil and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl and add the quinoa flakes, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Evenly spread the quinoa on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Roast, stirring now and then, until the flakes are dried and crunchy and a lovely golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Let the quinoa mixture cool completely before mixing with the remaining ingredients. Store in a glass jar for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 12 half-cup servings.