For the Salad:
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups chopped purple cabbage
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup chopped green onions
For the Miso Orange Dressing
- ⅔ cup Simply Orange Low Acid
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pulse the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour over the salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately! Add more orange juice to add more moisture as needed.
We’ve made this several times and we liked it with a handful of cooked quinoa thrown in for good measure as well as a little bit of crumbled bacon as a throwback to the original broccoli salad.
If you like salads with a lot of dressing, be sure to double up on the dressing for this one.
Also, if you don’t have access to miso, you could just use almond butter in place of the miso but be sure to compensate with additional salt to taste.
Recipe Cred: Pinch of Yum