- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, or use half olive oil and half canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil.
- Peel the garlic clove and lightly crush, or cut down to the root end with a paring knife, keeping the garlic clove intact. Place in the dressing and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the dressing before serving.