Paste e Fagioli
- 2slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2onion, chopped
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1small stalk celery
- 1can (14 oz?) chicken broth
- 1can (16 oz?) cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1can (16 oz?) whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2cup dittalini
- 2tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- grated Parmesan
- In a heavy saucepan cook bacon over moderate heat, stirring until crisp. Add onion and garlic, stirring until onion is soft and transparent. Add celery. Add broth and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mash 1/3 of the beans, then stir them into the onion mixture along with the remaining whole beans, tomatoes, and oregano. Simmer the soup, covered for 15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Then remove from heat and let stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and top with (lots of!) Parmesan. Feast.
Photo Cred: Queen of Green