Pot Roast French Dip Sandwiches
1 cross rib roast (if you can’t find this cut, it comes from the beef chuck part of the cow. You could also use pot roast or chuck roast)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can of beef consomme soup
1 package of au jus mix
1 can of soup water
1 package of italian dressing
1 package of sliced provolone cheese
1 package of hoagie rolls
Mix the cross rib roast, consomme, au jus mix, italian dressing mix and can of water together and place in a crock pot. Cook all day (8-10 hours) on low. Shred the meat and use the juice for an au jus dip. Toast the hoagie rolls with provolone in the oven. Put the shredded meat on the toasted roll and enjoy.
FOR THE DRESSING:
1 clove garlic
Kosher salt, to taste
⅓ cup olive oil
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 shallot, minced
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
1 lb. small new potatoes, boiled until tender
6 oz. yellow baby beets, boiled until tender, peeled
6 oz. red baby beets, boiled until tender, peeled
8 oz. haricot verts, blanched
12 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup black Niçoise olives
8 small radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
8 salt-packed anchovies, rinsed and drained
4 hard-boiled eggs, halved lengthwise
3 (4-oz.) cans high-quality oil-packed tuna, drained
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
½ cup loosely packed basil leaves, to garnish
¼ cup thinly sliced scallions, to garnish
1. Make the dressing: Mince garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle heavily with salt; using a knife, scrape garlic and salt together to form a smooth paste. Transfer paste to a bowl and whisk in oil, juice, mustard, shallot, and salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Make the salad: Arrange all ingredients in separate rows on a large serving platter; drizzle dressing over all ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with basil and scallions just before serving.
Recipe Cred: Saveur
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
4 pounds pork baby back ribs
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups ketchup
1 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
Recipe Cred: Allrecipes.com
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 or 3 very ripe mashed bananas
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Beat milk and eggs in a bowl until blended. Pour over the flour mixture. Add the butter and beat until blended. Stir in the bananas. Pour 1/4 of batter at a time over a greased griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and underside is golden brown. Flip and cook until other side is golden brown.
Recipe Cred: Salt to Honey Junior League Cookbook
Tunnel of Fudge
1 box of Devils Food Cake mix
1 box of chocolate pudding
1 bag of chocolate chips
8 oz of sour cream
2/3 cup of vegetable oil
2/3 cup 0f water
In a mixer add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth except the chocolate chips. Add the chocolate chips and pulse the blender to evenly mix in the chocolate chips. Grease the bundt pan and add the chocolate batter to the pan. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Garnish with a dusting of powder sugar and cut up strawberries.
6 Tbsp of melted butter
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
4 Tbsp sugar
Turn on the oven at 400 degrees and melt butter in the oven. Don’t burn it! In a blender mix all the other ingredients until smooth. Pour the batter of the melted butter in a 9 x 9 glass pans. Cook for 20 minutes.
1 cup sugar
3/4 cups butter
1/4 cups molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
Mix sugar, butter, molasses, and egg in the mixer. mix until smooth. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Add to wet ingredients in mixer and mix until smooth. Roll dough into little balls and coat them in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Take the cookies out at 8 minutes. They will look like they aren’t done but give them time to cool and they will be perfect.